Some of the highlights of my development work:
- Diagnosed and fixed an issue for Booking.com that was costing £1.8MM/yr in unnecessary outbound calls.
- Setup an abandoned cart email marketing system for several clients that has recovered over £1MM in lost revenue.
- Built a system for a customer to allow clients to book and pay for their courses through their website, eliminating a high volume of inbound telephone and email enquiries that had to be answered manually.
- Setup version control and a continuous delivery system for a client that had previously been making changes to their live site. This allowed them to better manage and deploy their code without worrying about breaking anything.
- Created a solution that allowed the rapid deployment 22 of country-level microsites for the British Council which allowed their Digital team to save face as their main project was so far behind schedule.
- Setup donations facility for local charity bringing in an extra £6K/yr in one-time donations and £12K/yr in regular donations.
- Recovered multiple hacked websites with no loss of data, helping their owners to understand why they’d been hacked and how to avoid the same fate in the future.
- Part of the team that built and deployed the Cars.booking.com white label for Rentalcars now generates approx 20% of all Rentalcars revenue.
- Increased user engagement in Betfred’s mobile app by adding live stats to in-play events.
In addition to my web development, I’m really interested (honestly!) in email marketing automation…specifically for e-commerce stores. Whilst working as a contractor I started taking work on the side of my main gigs and built out an agency. Through my agency, I’ve been able to work on some really interesting projects in addition to my development work.
A couple of years ago, I realised that my marketing skills overlapped with my technical skills and some clients were crying out for email marketing automations for their e-commerce stores. I was able to sell a couple of clients some really valuable integrations but ended up losing focus of this work and it fell by the wayside.
Through my podcast, I’d like to return to this area and build out valuable, actionable content for e-commerce store owners.